The reason for the decrease or lack of potential in men? What actions cause a decrease in libido? What causes erectile dysfunction? What to do if there is a decrease in male libido? We will discuss this in today's article. Decreased libido was previously considered a common female problem. Nowadays, men are also struggling with a decrease in sexual energy. According to experts, this problem affects up to 12-13% of men aged 40 to 80 years.
What determines high or low libido?
There is no denying that libido depends on many physiological and psychological factors. It also depends on lifestyle, parenting, hormones, fantasy and feelings. Therefore, the reasons for its decline are different.
Some elements form the desire for sex:
- hormone concentrations;
- sexual motivation, which is the mental component of desire, which depends on the partnership, compatibility and love of both partners;
- fulfills the desires and expectations of the couple, that is, the environment that regulates sexuality, social norms, religion and the desire to create the couple's fantasy.
External factors are often the cause of decreased libido:
- poor nutrition;
- lack of movement;
- environmental pollution.
Illness also contributes to decreased sexual desire:
- musculoskeletal disorders;
- other diseases that affect physical performance.
In addition, some drugs reduce sexual desire, such as antidepressants or even hair growth products.
Decreased libido can also be seen in men who engage in heavy sports such as running marathons. It is caused by high oxidative stress on the body.
Oxidative stress is a state of imbalance between free radicals and antioxidants in the body, when the production of free radicals or antioxidant activity decreases. This is a dangerous situation.
What to do if libido drops?
If libido decreases, couples who have a weak desire for sex are often more open to helping than those who are having problems on their own. A person with low libido feels worse, and it is more difficult for him to recognize the deterioration of form.
Often women talk about the problem of lack of desire in a partner. Men usually discuss it between the lines. This problem has never been a basic problem that can be dealt with by an expert.
Men often defend themselves by claiming that their wives complain about their lack of libido. They pretend not to understand this. The problem of decreased libido should not be a taboo topic, especially as it is becoming more common among men.
Diagnosing the cause of decreased libido is important in the context of treatment. If the reason for the lack of desire is physiological (hormonal disorders, kidney disease, liver, epilepsy, depression), then treatment is done pharmacologically.
On the other hand, if psychological problems are the cause of decreased desire, the patient is referred to psychotherapy. The effect of treatment depends on the proper method and motivation of the patient.
Causes of erectile dysfunction and decreased libido
Erectile dysfunction is directly related to erectile dysfunction. Mental causes are less common than previously thought, as they affect only 20% of patients (depression, stress, experience, negative sexual experiences)
About 80% of problems with sex drive are physiological (age, penile vascular condition, metabolic diseases such as diabetes, surgery, mental illness, medications), as well as lifestyle (alcohol and cigarette abuse).
Physiological Problems Affecting Libido:
- premature and potential ejaculatory disorders (men do not want to withstand these disorders);
- hormonal disorders (low testosterone levels);
- neurological disorders such as epilepsy, depression, other neurological diseases;
- progressive kidney and liver disease;
- fear of sexually transmitted diseases, AIDS; drugs
- (e. g. antidepressants);
- drugs, alcohol.
Mental problems affecting libido:
- tasks that are too high are assigned to each other in terms of sex;
- dissatisfaction with a partner;
- sharing issues;
- unfulfilled sexual expectations;
- anxiety, depression, psychosis;
- workaholism and persistent lack of time;
- negative sexual experiences.
Social Issues Affecting Libido:
- problems at work.
As you can see, there are a large number of external and internal stimuli that negatively affect a man's sexual health. Success in combating weak libido is guaranteed if the cause of the decrease in sexual activity is identified in the early stages of erectile dysfunction. This will save time and restore male strength in the shortest possible time.